I am a personal coach — helping people get more out of their lives — at work, in their personal lives, and in their communities. I’m coaching clients in the San Francisco Bay Area, in person and via video-call. I’m currently completing the coach training at New Ventures West in San Francisco, and in the process of becoming a certified coach through the International Coaching Federation (ICF). You can read more about my approach to coaching here, and find out about my services and fees here.
As a blogger, I write about life (how I see the world), coaching (on making life better), business (insights into work and companies I like), and writing (how to say it better).
Before becoming a coach, I had three distinct careers: teaching college-level writing and business communications; leadership and technology roles in non-profits; and strategy and marketing leadership for small businesses and startups. What links all of them together are my passion for helping people be their best, my ability to communicate, and my expertise in business.
• MBA, Marketing
• Masters in English (Creative Writing)
• Completing New Ventures West Professional Coaching Class and in the process of becoming certified with the International Coaching Federation
• Completed Seth Godin’s AltMBA and Design Your Life workshop
• Taught writing and communications at small Bay Area colleges
• Early digital strategy for Colin Powell at America’s Promise
• Co-founder of Katmango, a venture-backed web infrastructure developer
• Co-founder of Impact Online, now Volunteer Match.
You can find out more about my background at LinkedIn/cindyshove
On a personal note, I am a Canadian-born Californian, a married mother of three adorable grown-up children, and the baker at The Baker and The Chef. When I’m not coaching or writing, I can usually be found hiking, at yoga class, walking my dogs, or planning my next beach trip.
I am happy to hear from you, so please feel free to connect. If you are interested in my coaching services, please read a little more about my approach to coaching and my services here and consider scheduling a complimentary 30 minute call to discuss my coaching and your interests.